In 1795 Connecticut sold the lands of Western Reserve to the Connecticut Land Company who promptly sent General Moses Cleaveland out with a group of explorers to survey and divide the purchased territory for future sale and settlement. The land was divided into a grid of 25 square mile parcels that were numbered by range and town. The future town of Hudson was known at that time as Range 10, Town 4. When David Hudson arrived to “Town 4” with his surveyors in 1799, the land parcel was divided further into 100 lots each consisting of 160 acres. In 1802 the township was officially named Hudson.
Bookmark the permalink.