Kayak and Stand-Up Paddleboard Class Registration COMPLETED FOR THE SEASON
Entry level paddleboard and kayak classes will be offered Saturdays in July from 9 a.m. until 12 noon at Hudson Springs Park. Experienced boarders and kayakers will also benefit. Safety training, instruction and equipment will be provided by Kent State University Recreational Services. Four classes and times are:
Saturday 7/9: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Kayaking lesson Saturday 7/16: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Stand Up paddleboarding lesson
Saturday 7/23: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Kayaking lesson
Saturday 7/30: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Stand Up paddleboarding lesson
Participants must be age 14 or older.
Cost is $40/person (plus taxes and fees). FOHP members receive a 25% discount.
For Individual members, discount applies just to the member.
For Family or Benefactor level members, the 25% discount applies to members and their immediate family (aged 14 and older).
You will need to set up a Kent State Recreational Services account and sign a waiver to register for a class.
To register for a class /set up an account, click here.
- Select “Sign Up” in the top right corner of the page. Fill out all the information. Leave “Member ID” section blank – this will set up your account.
- Sign the waiver using a touch screen or your mouse.
- Click on the link again to get back to the page with the program options.
- Click on the blue “Register” box for the date you wish to register.
NOTE: July 9 & 23 are KAYAKING ONLY, July 16 & 30 are STAND UP PADDLEBOARDING only!
- Follow the steps to complete your registration.
- If you are a FOHP member, be sure to enter the promo code (2022 FOHP members were sent the code by email)
The FOHP 25% discount of $10 per person will be removed from your subtotal.
Hope to see you on the water this summer!
If you are a member but did not receive the promo code, please contact Becky Mooney at email@example.com. If you are not a current member but are interested in becoming one, please visit www.friendsofhudsonparks.org/ for more information.